Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beaver Market Dodged The Rain!

Customers Selecting Garlic Braids
Just before LFLF got to market this morning, we ran through a little downpour and then a sprinkle closer to the market in Beaver.   Of course, as soon as you decide to carry an umbrella, it won't rain and the sprinkles stopped as we started to shop.
Cucumbers & Squash Are In!
What did we buy today?  Four cucumbers - we each bought 2 and ran back into each other as we left the market(!), a quart of red plums - yum(!), green beans, & peanut butter cookies.
How About This Lettuce?
But what did we MISS this week?  LFLF was returning home from a business trip on Friday and got diverted off of I-70 in Ohio due to an accident.  While tooting along on US Route 40 - the National Highway - I passed the Guernsey County Farmers' Market in front of the courthouse in Cambridge, Ohio.  WHERE was my camera when I needed it???  This is probably the 1st time that I forgot to take it with me.  You never know what you'll find and LFLF has a duty to report all things "local"!  It was just before 1PM and the vendors were just starting to take down their displays.  Wish I could have stopped & captured some images to report ........  maybe next time! :(
You'll have to settle for their web-site now.  It appeared that they were ahead of our local season here in Western, PA by a couple of weeks.  I can also confirm that whole fields of field corn were in tassel just south of Columbus, Ohio. 

No comments: