Sunday, August 10, 2008

A few words about local foods


This is the perfect time to focus on local foods here in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The local farm stands and farmers' markets are in full swing. The traditional "peak of the season" veggies and fruits are available in abundance. As a tribute to the farmers and vendors who make this great local food available to all of us, this blog will feature what I find in and around Beaver County Pennsylvania. As I find myself in other areas, I'll try to add what I see and buy on my travels. Here is my latest haul from the Ambridge Farmers' Market on Thursday August 7th. More about the canvas bag and how it came about some other time. In the meantime, can you spot the typos on this bag from the proofing run? I've been told that I have a "collectors item" .......

No comments: