Thursday, August 14, 2008

My haul from Ambridge this week!




This picture might really be notable for what I didn't buy. OK - I got sweet corn, cucumbers, green beans, new potatoes, the first carrots at market, plums, and anise biscotti. What didn't I get this week? Gorgeous red onions, summer squashes/zucchini, purple cabbage, sweet & hot peppers, the first acorn squashes, leeks, tomatoes (just got some yesterday, remember?), focacia bread, fudge, honey, peaches, Jersey-Mac apples, garlic, basil, dill, ........... not to mention cut flowers and perenials. All of this is available at the Ambridge Farmers' Market run by the Beaver County Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association. Now that I'm working in Ambridge, this is my regular stop instead of the BCF&VGA market in Beaver, PA on Saturday mornings. The sweet corn from Douds-Floyd Farm was really great for dinner tonight. I'll be taking more pictures at market as the season goes on. This market is really the hub of activity in Ambridge on Thursday afternoons.

No comments: