Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sewickley 2.0 - Me & Mrs. Jones




Me & Mrs. Jones ---- how many times have they heard this line?!? I came across a couple of great products at the market on Saturday after just missing the morning rain. I didn't get to meet Mrs. Jones, but I did sample her potato salad and her "Multi-Purpose Sauce!". http://www.mrsjonesthesauce.com/ After heeding the call to "Taste What You've Been Missing", I brought a jar of the sauce home. I was making stuffed peppers for dinner with a recipe that called for 1 & 3/4 cups of tomato sauce ....... I used 8oz. of tomato sauce and substituted Mrs. Jones Multi-Purpose Sauce for the rest of the sauce. The stuffed peppers were great! It added great flavor & a bit of a kick to the stuffed peppers. What next ....... brush on as a barbeque sauce?
One of the farmers at the market who suggested the use of the sauce as a beef marinade or barbeque sauce was Dave McElhaney of McElhaney Family Farm. http://www.familyfarmbeef.com/ They have a steady stream of customers buying their dry aged beef from the freezer truck. Later in the season, I'd like to get over to their place and get some pictures at the farm ...... stay tuned. Here's a great chance to get local beef to stock your freezer or for the grill!

More about the market on my next post ........

No comments: