Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Colors!

Who wouldn't love browsing through the poinsettias at Janoski's Farm & Greenhouse in Clinton? http://janoskis.com/ Several people were leaving as I got there, hustling their poinsettias into warm cars & vans on a cold & windy day. Today was a sunny day and I timed my trip to coincide with the Steelers game and to miss the crowds. Steeler Sundays ..... you'd have to go back to my October rant on a bye week to understand!


With such a great variety of colors, sizes, and varieties of poinsettias that it's hard to pick out just one. I usually buy 2 pots that each have a red, a pink, & a white plant and put them side by side in a copper boiler. Just turn 2 empty pots upside down and set the poinsettia pots on top of them to lift them to the right height in the copper boiler. Then it's just a matter of what else I like to fit in the other rooms ........ hopefully you've visited a local greenhouse grower for your poinsettias ---- I know that my poinsettias will last until Valentines Day! More info on poinsettias http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/poinsettia/

No comments: