Friday, April 24, 2009

Found from last fall .....



I found a treat from a visit to the Somerset County Farmers' Market last fall. Wrapped tightly in a brown paper bag was the third bar of Triple Mint soap that I got on my trip to Virginia. It still smells great!
This reminded me of some of the local products I have been using that were obtained when the farmers' markets were in full swing last fall. Garlic Wing Sauce from Lambert Mountain Acres , McCormack Farm Honey --- found year round in local grocery stores and Janoski's Farm Market, and of course, the dried flowers used over the winter.But the really good news is that farmers' markets in Western PA are getting ready to open up in May. The first day of the Beaver Farmers' Market is May 2nd behind the Beaver County Courthouse. Check with your local vendors and market managers to see when they're opening up.
It's time for fresh local food. See you there!

No comments: